Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stash Punch!

While I don't have a crazy, out-of-control stash yet, I really want to start using the supplies that I already have. So I've come up with a simple way of using what I have and really thinking through my future purchases. I've taken the idea from Lunch It, Punch It and I will be using the same type of cards to track my progress. For every four stash items used, I get to get a new item!



It's a Stash Punch (Card)!
 
The following items count as stash items:
  • Patterns, Books & my Burda Magazines
  • Craftsy Classes - I've signed up for 3 knitting classes and the bombshell dress class
  • Fabric
  • Yarn
  • Finishing an Unfinished Object (UFO) or Work in Progress (WIP)
  • Quilting Step (piecing the front; piecing the back; quilting and binding)
  • Screen Printing
  • Refashioning / Mending
Now onto the rewards! 
Since I want to control my craft spending, each completed card will "purchase" a maximum $25 of the following:
  • Fabric or Yarn
  • Books, patterns, magazines
  • Classes
So for example, if I want to renew my subscription to Burda Magazine, I would need four completed cards to cover the subscription cost of $90.


Here's to controlling the stash in 2012!!
(it seems that phrase should be used by a razor advertisement...Gillette your welcome)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to play nice!